Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What I hope will be the "SENSIBLE" Suzuki Cup ticket price....



I read that yesterday that FAS promises "sensible" ticket prices for the coming Suzuki Cup. I started to wonder what will be that magic figure.

I think the organizers are having a headache on this now....

Here's how I look at it...

The adult S.League match ticket cost $5 and currently comes with a FREE movie ticket worth $13 or $10 coffee bean card. The adult LionsXII ticket to the last Malaysia cup match against JDT II cost $15 and we are entitled to a 10% discount if we are SAFRA members.

At the last football match at the National Stadium, where Italian Champions Juventus thrashed the Singapore Selection 5 - 0 on an embarrassingly sandy pitch, FREE tickets were given away with purchase of $18 worth of drinks. I managed to get tickets worth more than $100 each, and sat a few rows from the pitch.

Even after "desperately" giving out FREE tickets, the National Stadium was just over half filled....

However, even though the stadium was half filled, the famous KALLANG WAVE returned. And I must admit it was an amazing thing to see.

Looking at the situation now, I think these factors will determine the price:

1. There are 55,000 seats to fill.

2. Minus the fair weather fans, not many people follow Singapore football. (Just look at the attendance of LionsXII matches and I recall, the only time I saw our PM at a LionsXII match was when the team lifted the MSL trophy....)

3. I'm sure the organizers want to see the Kallang Wave during the Suzuki Cup, especially if it's shown "LIVE" on TV

4. It'll be really embarrassing that a population of about 5 million can't even fill a 55,000 stadium when the National team plays....

Thus, I hope that the price of the adult ticket will be $7, with FREEBIES like a Singapore T-shirt or Scarf thrown in.

Of course, I'll still be waiting for FREE tickets. But if I were to buy tickets, that's the price I'm willing to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment